Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Who Stole My Blog?

It is a great possibility that I will lose this blog tomorrow.    Google can't get it's crap straight and has informed me that because I have not enabled the "auto-renew" feature for my domain, it will be suspended.   However, there is no "auto renew" option anywhere that I can find, and I have searched high and low.  And I'd like to point out that it has auto-renewed for the last five years.

This happened to me earlier this year with another blog that I didn't really care about so much because I hadn't spend the last five years writing in it like I have this one.

To say I'm upset about it would be an understatement, but I do not have any recourse.   I updated everything I could and I even gave them a second payment source.   But they are telling me that as of tomorrow my domain is suspended.   I cannot find anywhere/anyway to fix the problem.

Stupid Google.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Definitely can see why you would be angry about this. Can you copy everything over to a new blog today? It seems like Google would want to keep you since you pay for your space where the most of us don't. Makes no sense.

    Let me know if you blog elsewhere.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I never heard of such a thing! Please let me know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o There's no email or contact info for a person at Google that you can contact listed on the notice? It sounds lijke you've tried contact, but I wonder if there is an alternate email. Or, gasp, a phone number.

    so much work to lose! And it doesn't make any sense. Even if you didn't "auto-renew" wouldn't one automatically be offered a way to pay? And what happened the past five years?

    Okay, now I'm past feeling tragic and on to angry. :{

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might already know about this, but have you gone into your settings, to see if you can download a backup copy to your computer; but that "save template" might just be the layout design, not content?? There is also an "export blog" tab, under Settings > Other.
    Gee, I wish I could be of help... I don't know much about Google; I buy my domain names thru GoDaddy. I hope you find a solution!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive